Thursday, August 05, 2010

Event mgt

Aww mah, it was not easy job. In order to be a good events coordinator, one has to be big picture person at first. When u goin to do this and by when is the deadline.
Then on the actual day, one has to be detailed person. Assume the persona. Attend to the details. Which is nicer, colour affect? Music affects? Food involved, arrangement alright?Your people working fine?Your boss okie?
That's how i went through. Thoroughly drained becoz i being not a thorough person has to do all these. Bosses will open their eyes big big to see ur performance.
I must say, in the past, i will panick.
With NLP, i tell myself, in order for me to be successful, i must assume the role of a hostess and events coordinator. Then i visualise what kind of physiology that a successful events coordinator must have, the state to be in and the energy level to have
Tell you, it takes a few seconds but definitely worth the effort even though i am tempted to skip it.
My kind friend Tony B has kindly reminded me to be calm and confident. Geez..I shall remember, BE PRESENT, forget about tml or the next day, FOCUSED.
Thanks to him for making me laugh..

No comments: